Global Victoria has again invited Glyde Metal Industries and the ZenithGroup defence collaboration to participate at LAND FORCES 2022 on the Victorian Government Pavilion.
Our role in the Defence Industry Supply Chain as Defence Contractors in Australia
Glyde Metal Industries has produced parts and assemblies for LAND 121 since 2016 and is currently supplying LAND 121 SB through to 2024, at a time when Sovereign Industry Capability has never been so important to the Australian defence supply chain and defence companies across Australia .
GMI is a part of key industry alliances including:
• the South East Melbourne Manufacturers Alliance (SEMMA)
• Australian Defence Alliance and Victorian Defence Alliance
Our Defence Industry Partners
Defence Industry Capability – Australian Defence Force Contractors
- The defence industry supply chain has a new focus based upon the Defence Strategic Review 2023 which sets the agenda for ambitious, but necessary, reform to Defence’s posture and structure.
- The Review includes specific directions to Defence with immediate effect, while establishing a methodical and comprehensive process for long-term and sustainable implementation.
- The strategic direction and key findings from the Review will strengthen Australia’s national security and ensure our readiness for future challenges.
- It is very important for SMEs and Australian defence contractors to maintain a focus upon the current challenges, directional changes and opportunities announced within the DSR 23.
- For more details on DSR 23 see here
- Now more than ever, supply chain collaboration in local manufacturing by Australian defence companies is vital.
ZenithGroup – Defence Supply Chain Collaboration
Glyde Metal Industries is a founding member of an alliance of highly experienced manufacturers in the metal fabrication, CNC precision machining, coating and related industries, notably as Australian defence contractors.